INFORMATION ON COOKIES
1) WHAT COOKIES ARE
Cookies are small text strings that the sites visited by the user send to his terminal (usually to the browser), where they are stored and then retransmitted to the same sites the next time the same user visits. During the navigation on a site, the user can receive on his terminal also cookies that are sent by different sites or web servers (so-called “third parties”), on which some elements (such as, for example, images, maps, sounds, specific links to pages of other domains) present on the site he is visiting can reside.
Cookies, which are usually present in a very high number in the users’ browsers and sometimes with characteristics of wide temporal persistence, are used for different purposes: execution of computer authentication, session monitoring, memorization of information on specific configurations regarding the users who access the server, etc..
More generally, some cookies (defined as session cookies) are assigned to the user’s device only for the duration of access to the site and expire automatically when the browser is closed. Other cookies (defined as persistent) remain on the device for an extended period of time.
2) TYPE OF COOKIES
We can distinguish two main categories of cookies used in websites:
1) Technical cookies understood as cookies transmitted in the first person by the site manager for purposes strictly related to the proper and correct functioning of the site itself, which in turn distinguish in:
- Session or navigation cookies: necessary to ensure the normal use of the website and related services allowing, for example, to authenticate to restricted areas, fill in more easily the forms at a later access, or to make purchases.
- Functional cookies that, while not essential, improve the functionality of the site as they allow the user to express preferences and then keep them persistent about certain aspects of navigation (for example, select the language, customize the font size, or store some favourite products within an e-commerce).
- Analytical (or statistical) cookies are considered “technical cookies” when they are used directly by the site manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site.
Users’ consent is not required for the installation of technical cookies. However, it is possible to block or remove technical cookies by modifying the configuration of your browser options; deactivating or eliminating technical cookies may prevent access to certain areas of the website or the use of some of the services offered.
2) Profiling cookies: these are aimed at creating profiles of the user and are used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the same during web navigation. The cookies defined as profiling indicated by the Privacy Guarantor are those:
- of statistics managed by third parties;
- of advertising profiling;
- of retargeting;
- of social network.
The technical cookies and profiling depending on their intended use can then be distinguished in:
- First party cookies or those transmitted directly by the manager of the website visited;
- Third-party cookies, i.e. those transmitted by third-party companies present on the visited website by means of specific codes, which have been included in order to integrate further functionalities into the website (e.g. widgets of social networks such as article sharing buttons).
3) COOKIES USED BY THE WEBSITE
The Website uses the following cookies:
- Analytical cookies: the Owner uses the Google Analytics service of the company Google, Inc. (hereinafter “Google”) for the generation of statistics on the use of the web portal.
The analytical cookies can be disabled without any consequence on the navigation of the portal; to disable them see the next section.
According to the terms of service in being, Google will use this information, as autonomous owner of the treatment, in order to trace and examine the use of the website, to compile reports on the activities of the site for use by the operators of the site itself and to provide other services related to the activities of the website, the mode of connection (mobile, PC, browser used, etc..) and how to search and reach the pages of the portal. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate IP addresses with any other data held by Google.
By using the Owner’s website you consent to the processing of your data by Google in the manner and for the purposes indicated above.
4) HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES (OPT-OUT)
- Mozilla Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Attivare%20e%20disattivare%20i%20cookies
- Microsoft Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Microsoft Edge https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/4027947/windows-delete-cookies
- Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
- Opera http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html
- Apple Safari http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=it_IT
Please note that if you disable all cookies in your browser, you may not be able to use the interactive features of this website.
Alternatively, you can disable only Google Analytics cookies by using the opt-out add-on provided by Google for major browsers. To disable Google Analytics’ cookies visit this page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
To learn about and disable profiling cookies on the site please visit: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/
For more information visit: